Alexis - the helper of People
Our mission is simple (not easy); we want to help companies better connect with their people, empower them to make smarter decisions, and ultimately create a better workplace and an extraordinary employee experience. Alexis is a People Operations & Analytics Platform that enables companies to grow and scale. Founded in Sweden by HR- and Tech entrepreneurs, and today used by some of the best scale-ups in Europe!
⭐️ About the role
As a DevOps Engineer, your goal is to deliver the best possible developer experience and guarantee a reliable and performant production environment. You work closely with other DevOps Engineers and stakeholders to build interfaces for self-service, maintain infrastructure, and design pipelines for our developers.
You work on a wide range of strategic and high-impact topics - From CI/CD to high-availability databases, from infrastructure and networking to messaging brokers and key-value stores.
You evaluate and work with various services within cloud platforms (GCP), develop and deploy cloud services via infrastructure-as-code and use GitOps and DevSecOps practices where it makes sense. You will also develop and provide self-service solutions for our engineers and product teams. Challenging existing best practices and finding new ways to automate things are highly appreciated since we always are looking into how we can improve our work.
The location for the role is flexible, as long as you are located in the EU because of GDPR regulations. You can work fully remote or partly if you want to spend some time in our offices in Stockholm and Karlstad.
✌️Why you should join us
--> You will be part of solving real-world problems that all companies face when it comes to people operations.
--> You value a working culture that’s driven by a common goal, where everyone's ideas are welcome and you are free to work when and how you want.
--> You will be joining a humble bunch, where everyone can be themselves and contribute in their unique way. The goal is always to help each other grow, and have fun doing it!
--> You want to join a startup early and help take it to the next level.
--> You can be fully remote if you wish.
👉 About you
- Have a passion for reliable, performant, and scalable systems, and care deeply about the end-user experience
- You possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and high traffic / high availability system architecture and a desire to tackle complex problems
- You want to automate whatever can be automated
- You are a strong team player, you enjoy collaborating and communicating with different people and profiles as well as sharing knowledge and striving for continuous development and learning
- You have excellent communication skills, are willing to embrace our company culture and values and enjoy working in an international, english-speaking team
Your must-have hard skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, containerization, docker
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) - Pulumi/Terraform
- Experience with Linux environments
- Experience with any of the major cloud providers (Google Cloud/AWS/Azure)
- Experience with continuous integration systems (such as Github/Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Teamcity etc)
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Prometheus, New Relic or Sumo logic
💪 About what you get
At Alexis, you will get an inclusive and open-minded workplace with coworkers across the world. We promise to provide high autonomy, fantastic people, and many development opportunities. We are a diverse group of people, embracing an open and transparent workplace.
We believe in our people, and rather than focusing on control, we focus on development and results. We do share some beliefs to create a trustful and learning culture. Whether you want to work from your couch at home or sit with your colleagues, we are all about flexibility. Depending on role and function, we practice a mix of remote and hybrid remote.
We will hook you up with the latest tech gear, a competitive salary, flexible working hours and location, wellness & health allowance and other nice stuff. But most important - let's grow together!
🤝 The hiring process
The hiring process is a two-way street. It's just as important that you get a chance to know us better, as it is that we get to know you. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Let us know if you’re interested, apply directly with your phone without a resume if you wish. You can link to your LinkedIn page or similar.
The recruitment process will typically include about three interviews plus a practical coding challenge and psychometric tests in order to get to know you as a person and get an understanding of your skillset.
We look forward to hearing from you!